American Idol wants to hire a megafamous singer to judge season 10, and they've reached out to the high-wattage likes of Mariah Carey, Britney Spears, Shania Twain and more.
Which divas are still in the running, who's playing hard to get, and which eager young reality TV star and sometime pop tart is making it known that she wants the job? E! News has the exclusive inside dish on who's on the list and who's out in the cold:
Idol is just weeks away from shooting season 10's audition episodes, and they still haven't put butts in all of the seats at their judges' table.
An Idol insider tells E! News that Fox is still actively in talks with potential judges and exclusively shares the following updates on the ongoing efforts:
* Britney Spears: "They offered it to Britney, but she passed."
* Shania Twain: "They're in talks."
* Mariah Carey: "They've reached out to her. She's still in the mix."
* Janet Jackson: "She passed."
* Paula Abdul: "They'd like her back but her deal with CBS is exclusive."
* Jessica Simpson: "She wants to do it." But, apparently, she's not at the top of Fox's list.